Thursday, January 6, 2011

Reflections on 2010

I know that I am late on posting this... I have thought about it several times, but have not had time to sit down and write. Looking back on 2010, it was a year of firsts (and seconds) for us in many ways. We experienced our first inpatient hospitalization for Mary (and yes we experienced our second inpatient hospitalization as well). We made it through our first summer with Mark being away from home for the entire summer. For the first time our family has a senior in high school (how can I be that old???), and a freshman in the public high school. I went back to school for the first time in... well lets just say a long time and leave it at that. Our oldest son bought his first motorcycle. We have come face to face with cancer for the first time when Mark's dad was diagnosed with it right before the new year. Yet as I look back on 2010, one thing stands out among all other things. We serve a faithful God! He has never led us down a path that He was not walking with us (or carrying us is more like it). I am so thankful that this past year has drawn us closer to Him. I pray that He prepares our hearts for whatever is in store for 2011 and can stand assured that He will never leave us to walk this path alone.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad we are in this together!
    Love you,
    Mark

    ReplyDelete