Friday, January 14, 2011

Happy Birthday, Baby Girl!

This week we celebrated Mary's 12th birthday. She was very disappointed that she did not get to go to school on her birthday because we had snow and ice. In fact the kids got a whole extra week off of school due to this storm. And, because I had procrastinated going to the store to buy any presents and the storm hit the day before her birthday, she did not have anything to open on her special day. But we celebrated anyway with making her a special breakfast, baking a cake that turned out very yummy, and just having a nice family day at home. I have promised to make it up to her by really celebrating big for her party. She was a trooper and did not complain too much. I am so thankful that God brought her into our lives 12 years ago. She is a blessing and we love her very much! Happy Birthday, Baby Girl!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha my daughter is always mad because she has to go to school on her birthday! She'll be 10 on the 18th. Happy Birthday to your sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living in Ca, I never thought about the impact a snow day can cause, I'm glad she was so flexible and enjoyed her special day!

    ReplyDelete