Sunday, December 26, 2010

A Christmas Miracle


That is how Mary described it last night when snow started falling and accumulating in our yard. Evidently God was listening to a little girl's prayers for a white Christmas because it has not snowed on Christmas day in Atlanta since 1882. Yes, I did say 1882.

The kids all spent some time playing out in the snow even though it was dark. And it was still snowing when they got up this morning so they have been out several times to sled down the hill on make-shift sleds. If is beautiful to see the land covered in a fresh, clean coat of white. The Christmas lights on all the neighborhood houses just add to the beauty. I am so thankful that we got to experience this little touch of beauty.

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! So glad to have found you through the blog, "This is just not Normal". I have two children with Bipolar and struggle to find ballance, hope and normalcy. I blog too @ My Twisted Stitches, come and find me.

    ReplyDelete