Monday, February 21, 2011

I Want To Move...

...to a desserted island where the influences of this sinful world can't touch my family. I want to go back to a time in life where all my kids were tucked safely into bed by 9:00 and my biggest concerns were what to make for dinner each evening. I want to live in a place where sin and death and ugliness don't exist. A place where beauty is everywhere and breathtaking. Oh wait... that would be heaven and we can't go there yet. So in the meantime, I have to live in this world and deal with the sin, death and ugliness that exists here. God, help me to see everything through Your Eternal Eyes. Give me grace to live each day with purpose. Prepare my heart for all that You have planned for us, good or bad. Protect my children from the lies and schemes of the evil one. Give them a passion and a heart for You! Amen.

2 comments: