Friday, April 16, 2010

Long Day!

Our day started out with a bang this morning with me chasing Mary down the streets of our neighborhood, praying she would not jump out in front of a moving car. We ended up calling 911 for help in transporting her to the hospital. That was by far the hardest call I have EVER had to make!

I am too drained and weary right now to post much, but the short story is that she was transported by ambulance to the nearest hospital ER where they did sedate her, draw her blood to check her medication levels and then had a psych consult. After several hours of waiting, she was transported to the closest psychiatric hospital that accepts children (an hour away from our home). Several more hours of waiting, lots and lots of paperwork, and she is safely delivered into their hands. She was comfortable when we left her. Walking away from that hospital was very hard, but we are trusting that we have made the best decision. We do not know how long she will be an patient there. It could be anywhere from 3 - 10 days, depending on how long it takes to stabilize her. And then we will probably have to be part of a partial hospitalization program where she will come home to sleep, but be taken back to the hospital during the day for all the therapy sessions, etc.

I will try to keep things updated on here as best as I can. Thanks in advance for all the prayers! I am trying to rest in the arms of the One who holds my daughter as well.

8 comments:

  1. Your honesty spoke out loudly. I feel your pain and pray that God would be there with you and your family as you walk this path that you were given.

    Blessings
    deedee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be praying for your family in this most desperate time of of trial and hardship.
    Dan (from the Guanaja Trip with Grace Presb)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know Kelly & Mark that all the prayer warriors at Westwood Baptist Church are praying for Mary,you, your son, Mark and all the Dr.'s for Mary's recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our prayers are with you all.
    We have a great Sovereign God who knows everything about all of His children. He promises never to leave us or forsake us, and He keeps His promises.
    I pray that you feel His Presence and that Mary,
    especially, will find peace and rest in His arms.
    Marjorie and Jerry Clayton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly, we are loving Mary and praying for her safety in God's loving hands. We are also praying for you, for strength, wisdom, energy, peace, and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing Kelly. Please know we are praying for y'all and think of you so much. My heart goes out to you, Mark, Mary, Faith, Mark and Noah. We are trusting our Savior with you. Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the update Kelly. I know that it must be hard to post but know that it helps us pray for you! We will continue to pray for y'all!!

    Posie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Kelly (and Mark),

    I am sitting here just weeping and weeping over your situation. We have been out of touch really for several years, but every time I saw or heard your name from someone or somewhere, I thought fondly back on our days at GPC. I had no idea of Mary's health. I'm so sorry.

    Our God is faithful, faithful, faithful and oh, so trustworthy! You know this and your honesty in processing through the pain of living in our fallen world is encouraging to see. The worst thing I think we can do is try to deny it. Being honest with God is also an important part of discovering His grace IS truly sufficient!

    I wasn't sure if you had heard that God called Chris home last October after 15 years of MS. He is finally whole and healed and rejoicing in the presence of our great Savior, but for years, I had to whisper, sing, write listen to, meditate on, shout, cry the truth of the gospel to myself to stay in the race, so I can very much identify with your pain, doubt and anguish.

    The blessing of faith and the ability to believe in the truth of God's Word are both gifts from Him, but I just want to encourage you to keep running into His arms. Keep pouring out your heart to Him! Keep preaching the gospel to yourself--He is with you in your very, very darkest moments (and is with your dear Mary, and your whole family).

    My little man John (our youngest at 12 yrs. now) always asks me to pray with him before he goes to sleep, and tonight he and I (and Charity--one of our twins--joined in)prayed for you all, and will continue to do so.

    Also, I've been writing a CaringBridge blog for Chris and our family since he took critically ill last fall and the latest entry may minister to you (I think I even mentioned yelling the gospel to myself like you) :o)

    www.caringbridge.org/visit/chrisklicka

    May you feel the surety of His embrace and the flood of His love. His arm is not too short that it cannot save.

    Hiding in God our refuge and sending love from the shadow of His wings,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete