Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Prayers Appreciated...

We are nearing the deadline for getting some blood work done and we are no closer to actually getting the blood from my daughter's body and into the little tube. I know that there isn't really a "deadline", but we do have a pdoc appointment next week and having the results from lab work will help us make better decisions regarding medications. My prayer has been and will continue to be that God would miraculously intervene here and change her fear into peace. I want her to be completely okay with going to the doctor's office and having the blood drawn. I want her to be able to say that she did it and it was no big deal. I want this "monster" in her head that has built this up to traumatic proportions to be silenced. But unless she is willing to take the first step, those things are not going to happen. Please pray with us!

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely! I think it is wonderful how you turn it all over to God. Sometimes I get caught up in it all and forget to pray to God about a specific issue. I will pray for your girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do!
    Also, ask for a prescription of Emla Cream (a large portion of it is Lydocain) which is a numbing agent. Put a good dollop, about the size of a quarter, on the blood draw site, then wrap the arm gently in saran wrap. Do this a good hour before the blood draw and she will not feel the needle at all! NO JOKE! I even put a ring of it around the upper arm where the rubber turnaket is first put on for the blood draw, to help with the discomfort of that too. We'll never do another blood draw without it again!!!! Obug got to WATCH in amazement as the needle went in and proclaimed at the end that she didn't feel a thing!

    ReplyDelete