Monday, July 12, 2010

The Story Behind the Song

You may have noticed that I have added a playlist to this blog. This song has been one of my favorites for a long time and in fact is the ringtone that I have set on my cell phone for whenever one of our doctors call me. A couple of weeks ago when we were driving in the car, Mary asked me to turn on the radio to the local Christian radio station. This song came on. She asked me to turn it up and after it was over she said that she really likes that song. I asked her why and she said, "it gives me hope that one day my bipolar will be under control." That just brought tears to my eyes because that is the exact reason it is one of my favorites too. Under all this mess of life and all that she deals with, my little girl is putting her trust in Jesus and finds hope that there WILL be a day where she has no more tears, no more pain, no more fears. Thank you Jesus for giving her (and me) that hope!

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear Kelly and Mark! When I clicked on this link to read what was on your hearts tonight, this song .... oh this song!
    Almost says it all ...
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our son Joseph will be 7 this Sept. He is non verbal autistic. This road has been as challenging as it has been rewarding....some days are indescribably torturous, but even those days are never absent of the grace, love and promise of a better place yet to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeremy Camp is an amazing artist! That is amazing that your daughter said that. I look forward to reading the rest of your blog.

    ReplyDelete